You cannot develop and be dedicated on a theory… it takes faith and work. Developing desirable attitudes and being dedicated to Kingdom services need conscious efforts and commitment.
Every accomplishment, great or small, starts with a decision. Joshua 24:15
Youth: the state or quality of being young
Attitude: the way people behave toward somebody or something
Development: gradually growing to become stronger, efficient and advanced.
Dedication: hard work/conscious effort put into something because of importance.
God’s Service: being completely available for God to use to help others.
YOUTH ATTITUDINAL DEVELOPMENT:
To develop a winning and Christ-like attitude, youths must first and foremost, after relying totally on God (Prov. 3:5-6), conquer themselves. Gal. 5:24.
In studying how to develop a winning attitude, let us look at the acronym “AIM”.
A – Attitude
I – Instruments
M – Methods
- A – Attitudes to Develop
- Humility Phil.2:3-8; Prov.4:23; Prov.16:18; Prov.17:27-28
- Strength – Prov.20:29; 2Tim.1:7, 1Jn. 2:13b, 14b.
- Self-Control – Gen. 39:9; 2Tim. 4:5; Dan 1:8
- Self-Consciousness – 2Tim. 1:8; Titus 2:15; Rom. 1:16
- Boldness – 2Tim. 1:7; Dan. 3: 16-18; Prov. 26:12; Prov. 29:1
- Confidence/Determination – Dan. 2:16; Gen. 41:16
- Moral Uprightness – Gen. 39:7-12; Dan. 3:16-18; Dan. 1:8-21
Activity 1: Mention negative/positive attributes which are characteristic of youths. Gal 5:19-23
- I – Instruments
- A good foundation – Prov. 26:6; Psalm 71:5; 2Tim. 3:15
- Transformational efforts – Rom. 12:1-3; Dan. 1:8; 2Tim 2:21
- Christian education – 2Tim. 3:15; 2Tim. 2:15; Prov. 4:7; Prov. 9:9-10
- Dwelling in/heeding the Word – Psalm 119:9, 105, 130; Prov. 3:3-8; 2Tim. 3:16; Titus 3:4-8
- Creating safe relationship – Prov. 1:10; Prov. 18:1; Prov. 8:21; Prov. 29:2
- Pray, pray and pray
Activity 2: Mention Attitudes/Instruments used by the following to serve God and change history: Joseph, Moses, Daniel, Timothy
- M – Method
- Know/Discover yourself/guard your heart – Prov. 4:23
- Concentrate on your strengths (courage) and deal with your weaknesses
- Be open to opportunities and persevere when there are threats – 1Cor. 10:13
- Take action – 1Tim. 4:11-16
- Begin now, now is good enough – 2Tim. 4:2
- Do not let anyone despise you – 1Tim. 4:2; Titus 2:15
Activity 3: How can one discontinue from addiction of smoking.
DEDICATION TO GOD’S SERVICE:
Pray for grace and develop passion for God – 1Cor. 2:2
Passion is a very strong feeling, intense commitment, emotional attachment, enthusiasm that drives people to do something.
- Passion creates fire/willingness to die for a thing
- Passion gets you excited into action, not a wish – Eccl. 5:3a
- Passion gives direction, focus, and increase enthusiasm, will power
- Passion makes you uncomfortable when you do nothing
- Passion keeps driving you even when you seem tired
- Passion makes people think you are a fool, stupid – Gen 37:5,9
Activity 4: Mention vices youths exert their passion on.
“What actually are you on earth for?”
To develop passion:
– Discover your purpose in life – Gen. 1:26; Psalm 139:14-15
– Believe in God and yourself – Prov. 3:5-6; Prov. 16:9
– Set personal goals, be focused follow God’s instructions – Joshua 1:8; Joshua 24:15
A thousand regrets do not pay any debt. Remember, “those who know their God, [reverence and keep His instructions] shall do exploit,” [stand firm and take action] Dan. 11:3b.
Today, take a decision what attitudes to develop to be able to dedicate yourself to God’s divine services. Phil. 4:8.
You can download this document in presentation (PowerPoint) mode here – Seminar – Youth.